Friday, September 2, 2011

If life gives you salt lamps ...

 I bought a salt lamp at one of those Ishka warehouse sales a while back. I've always wanted one - they make such pretty light! - and this one plugs into my computer, which is handy. Plus it was half price.

ooh, salty!

  Sadly, though when I turned it on for the first time I discovered that instead of a plain coloured light bulb which would shine naturally through the salt and make my room into a new age wonderland, the lamp was electric blue. I tried pulling it apart to see if there was a coloured filter I could remove, but no luck.


 














This photo actually does it too much justice -
in real life the colour is far more offensively bright.


Initially I was disappointed, but I've decided to embrace the weirdness of it. I mean, it's a salt lamp designed to correct the imbalance of ions in the air caused by evil technology. But it's the colour of a disco light. New age hippy meets dancing queen.

Anyway, this whole experience has led me to a point where I'm trying to be more positive about things. Rather than despairing when life gives me the proverbial electric blue salt lamp, I intend to dance to techno versions of Bob Dylan songs while wearing a sequined kaftan.

Proverbial sequined kaftan, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment